Chimpanzee Trekking Safaris Tanzania
Chimpanzee trekking safari is quite unique and different from other normal forms of safari offered in East Africa. Here the entire game viewing activity is done on foot by trekking through the magnificent tropical rain forest which is the natural home to several families of the chimpanzee. This magnificent forest stretches for several hundred kilometers on the Rift Valley escarpments overlooking the shore of Lake Tanganyika.
Mahale National Park is situated at south while Gombe in the north of Kigoma town. These two parks offer the best chimpanzee trekking experience in the entire region of East Africa. The chimpanzee trekking in either one of the two parks can be done in combination with wildlife safari in Katavi National Park
Chimpanzee Trekking Safari Guide
Eating or drinking is not allowed within the distance of 250 meters to the Chimpanzee
- No leftover food should be left in the forest.
- Smoking is not allowed while in the forest.
- Perfume and deodorants are not allowed.
- All personal items must be taken out of the forest
- Visitors with communicable disease should report to the park authority.
- Flashlight is not allowed while taking photos of the primates.
- Children below twelve are not allowed on Chimpanzee trekking
Best Season to go on Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
The best time to do the chimpanzee trekking safari in both Mahale and Gombe is during the dry season from June to October. However during the wet season from November to March the chimpanzee trekking can yet be done but specifically for those doesn’t fear much of the wetness and mud. In addition to that on the wet season there is few numbers of tourists visit these parks.
3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Gombe
From $ 880 per person
3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Mahale
From $ 2500 per person
2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Gombe
From $ 600 per person