Katavi Safari Overview
This 4 days safari takes you in Katavi National Park in the most remote western park of Tanzania and enjoy game drives and walking safari in the African jungle.
Katavi national park has large herds of zebras (approximately 20 500), topis (17 300), buffalo (15 500) and impala (15 200). There is also about 2700 population of Elephant in Katavi National Park but the number reach about 6700 for the whole Katavi /Rukwa ecosystem. Other animals occur in large number include Hippos (4000), warthogs (5 000) and giraffe (4 300) also occur in large numbers.
Katavi Park Safari Information
|DEPARTURE||Any day of the week. Subject to availability of accommodation|
|ENDS UP||Mpanda town|
|PASSENGER||Minimum 1 person|
|VEHICLE||4×4 Safari vehicle|
|PLACES||Katavi National Park|
|COMBINATION||This tour can be tailored to your exact requirements and number of days available.|
Detail Katavi Park Safari Program
Day 1: Arusha – Katavi Safari
Pick up from your hotel in Arusha and transfer to Arusha airport for a shared charter flight to Katavi National park which operate only on Monday and Thursday of every week. As you arrive Katavi you will be picked up by our driver guide and transfer to Katuma Bush Lodge for check in and lunch. Afternoon depart for a game drive till evening when you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Katavi safari
After breakfast, depart the lodge for your morning game drive of the Katavi National Park. Return to the lodge for brunch/early lunch. Afternoon at leisure perhaps at the swimming pool. Afternoon/early evening game drive. Evening sundowner, dinner, and overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Katavi Safari – Full Game Drives
After breakfast, depart the lodge for a full day game drive of the Katavi National Park with a packed lunch. Return to the lodge in the late afternoon. Evening sundowner, dinner, and overnight at the lodge.
Day 4: Depart for Arusha
After breakfast, morning vehicle transfer to Katavi Airstrip combined with game drive (if time allows) for Shared chartered Flight to Arusha Airport with packed lunch. End of services.
|Valid||Price per person|
|5 Jan – 28 Feb, 1 Nov – 20 Dec||US $ 4820|
|1 – 4 Jan, 1 Jun – 31 Oct, 21 – 31 Dec||US $ 5120|
- Full Board Accommodation and Meals as specified in the itinerary. Packed lunch on day of departure
- Shared Charter Flights (Arusha – Katavi – Arusha). Luggage allowance of 15kgs per person.
- Local beers, selection of spirits and house wines, soft drinks and water
- Daily Conservation, Concession and Guide fees for park entrance
- Guiding with English Speaking Driver/Guide.
- Game drives in a 4×4 vehicle on a shared basis in Katavi
- All Government taxes and levies; VAT and TDL
- All transfers as indicated
- All laundry services
- All items of personal nature
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and guides
- Medical Insurance and Evacuation: Flying doctors coverage: Optional @ USD 50 dollars per person. Covers guest within East Africa for a period of 14 days. In the event of a medical emergency, guest will be airlifted to a hospital in Nairobi. All hospital charges with be payable by the guest. Request more information on coverage.